Sunday, May 17, 2009

Running with Angels 5k


Yesterday morning, I did the Running With Angels 5K at Thanksgiving Point in Lehi. It was held in the gardens which was so beautiful. It's one of the prettiest races I've been in.
Because, my achilles tendon has been giving me problems lately, I decided to take it a bit easy. I mostly walked at a fast pace and didn't stop at all for a break. My time ended up being 45:06.51 which averages out to about 15 minutes per mile.
This book by Pamela Hansen is a great book. I'd recommend that you read it. It's a personal story about how she copes with the loss of her two children. Also, she talks about her journey from being overweight and unhealthy to losing weight and being healthy. It's quite an interesting read.
This 5k is a race I hope to be in every year if at all possible. Next year, I'll have to get my family to come do it.

No comments: