Monday, May 25, 2009

Harrington Memorial 5K


This morning I was in the Harrington Memorial 5k, which is held every Memorial Day. It was the 4th 5K I've been in this year. It started by the AF Rec Center, then went down to 3rd North then over to 540 West then up to 7th North then up through the cemetary then finally down to almost State St. I was worried that it would be rainy as it was last year but the weather was beautiful. I didn't run too much in this race once again because of my achilles tendon which is still a bit tender. I decided to speed walk which was a bit easier on my foot. I still made my normal time but came in very last. I didn't realize how fast American Fork runners were!! Wow!! It was the fastest paced 5k I've been in. One guy ran a mile in a little over 4 minutes. That is pretty fast in my book!! I still enjoyed the 5K even though I did come in last. I just stuck my headphones on and listened to my Ipod. I'll keep going and keep trying to do my best. Besides, I got my exercise in for the day which otherwise I probably wouldn't have.

No comments: