Sunday, May 24, 2009

Remembering Our Loved Ones

Yesterday, as we always do the Saturday before Memorial Day, we went to the cemetaries to put flowers on our loved ones graves. My aunts Kaye and Marylyn and my cousins Margel, Kaylynne, Mitzy, and her daughter Jennifer all went. I was able to bring my niece, Ruthie. We each brought some mums to put on the graves. We went to the American Fork, Pleasant Grove, and Provo cemetaries. It was nice being able to show Ruth where some of our ancesters are buried and to show respect by putting flowers on their graves.

Memorial Day is a day originally started to remember those of our armed services who have given their lives for our freedom. I do want to remember those men and women who have given their all so that we may have the freedoms and privelages that we have as Americans.

Memorial Day has now become a day to remember our loved ones who have passed on. These loved ones made us who we are and I love them for it. I love my mom for teaching me so many things. Among so many other things, she taught me a love of family though her example. I hope that I can be as good as she was.

No comments: