Sunday, July 19, 2009

American Fork Steel Days 5k


Yesterday morning, I was in the American Fork Steel Days 5k. This is the 7th 5K I've been in this year. It started at 7 AM which is good because later it got up to 100 degrees. It started at the AF Fire Station. Then it went down 2nd North until 4th East. Then we went north on 4th East up a very steep hill. Then we turned west and ended up on 1st East and back down to the Fire House. It was a good route even with the steep hill climb. Several people I knew either from my ward or from the rec center where I work out were there. My sister in law, Kim, was there also. It was good to see them all there. I ended up doing one of my better times on this race. One of my good friends in my ward took pictures of me going over the finish line. I'll have to post them sometime so people will believe that I actually do enter these races.
After the 5k, I watched the parade. It was a good parade, not too long. There was not a lot of commercial stuff which tends to drag parades out.

No comments: